This is the only acceptable chocolate chip cookie recipe. I grew up with these cookies…which instantly makes them the best (at least in this house). These are the chocolate chip cookies that my mom made. The ones that ended up in our lunch box with our PBJ, chips, and apple. The best part: they have oatmeal in them. This instantly qualifies them as breakfast food too. Obviously, that makes them the best!
Jancy’s Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats oatmeal
- 1 large bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Beat together butter and sugars in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda.
- Add oatmeal to the flour mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll 2″ balls and place 2″ apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until just beginning to brown on bottom.
These are pretty dynamite as a snack, dessert or, like my dad does it, for breakfast.
That, my friends, is Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie happiness.
This is all kinds of happy.